Water Science, based in Park City, provides water softening and purification systems that use cutting-edge technology and high-efficiency equipment. Water Science sells only the best and most reliable systems, built and backed by the top manufacturers. Installation quality is an important aspect often overlooked by customers. Many companies offer low prices by using unlicensed installers, skimping on the installation, and using low-quality materials. By choosing Water Science, you can be confident that your equipment will be professionally installed and meet all local plumbing codes. We have earned our reputation by selling the highest quality systems and nothing less. Give us a call to experience doing business with local water treatment specialists.
Please click the button below to schedule an appointment for a complete understanding of what we have to offer.
Water Science offers the following water softeners:
Water Guard High Efficiency
The system learns your family’s water use patterns. It provides high flow rates at minimal pressure losses for larger residential applications. It offers maximum salt and maintenance savings. The calendar override keeps the system clean and bacteria free during periods of non use. This advanced water softening system was designed for larger residential and light commercial applications. Its highly efficient regeneration process uses a fraction of the salt or potassium chloride used by ordinary water softeners. This softener has a lifetime warranty.
What is the difference between a conventional water softener and the Water Guard High Efficiency?
There really is no comparison. The Water Guard High Efficiency is a state of the art water softener that was specifically designed to overcome the many shortcomings of ordinary water softeners. For example, the Water Guard High Efficiency uses an extremely efficient monitoring and regeneration process. This feature allows the system to be regenerated with a fraction of the amount of salt or potassium used by other water softening systems. Moreover, the high performance control valve and full port internal plumbing allow for higher flow rates for today’s larger homes without affecting the water pressure.
Water Guard Fusion
We offer a water softener that we call the fusion, which filters and softens. The fusion removes calcium, magnesium, iron, and sediment. The Water Guard Fusion includes all the features of the Water Guard High Efficiency, plus upgraded features such as Premium Resin and Self Cleaning Resin Guard System with Filtration Cycle that removes problematic iron and sediment. This softener has a lifetime warranty.
How does the softening and regeneration process work?
Hard water enters the water softener system. As it passes through the resin inside the tank, the hard water minerals are attracted to the resin and the water is softened to service the home.
The regeneration process takes place when the resin becomes saturated with hard water minerals, the water softener system automatically goes into regeneration. This is the process that frees the resin of hard water minerals, making it ready to soften the water again.
Water Guard Contaminant Removal System
All the features of the Water Guard Fusion plus, in addition to conditioning the water, the softener removes chlorine, lead and other heavy metals, and bacteria. Polished Stainless Steel Tank Jacket. Can be customized for well and city water supplies. It’s like a Brita® Filter for your entire house. This softener has a lifetime warranty.
The Ultimate Whole House Water Treatment System
This product has been one of the most popular options amongst homeowners and commercial property owners for some time now. One of the primary reasons why is due to the 2 stage process that softens the water.
In Stage 1, the hard water enters the first tank, which uses a kinetic degradation fluxion process media, which removes chlorine and heavy metals such as lead, and other contaminants from the water. This system can be customized for well or city water to remove large amounts of iron and sediment.
In Stage 2, the filtered/hard water enters the twin tank or single tank, which softens the water. This softening system was designed for heavy use in residential and light commercial applications. It’s highly efficient regeneration process uses a fraction of the amount of salt or potassium chloride used by ordinary water softeners and ensures unlimited continuous soft water.
A twin tank system provides continuous soft water. Families benefit from soft water 24 hours a day, seven days a week. That is because the second tank of soft water acts as a backup, ready to immediately provide softened water once 100% of the first tank is used. While the second tank is in service, the first tank regenerates, giving you all the advantages of continuous soft water. Other benefits of the twin tank include:
- The twin tank automatically adjusts to your water usage
- Uses 100% of resin capacity before switching to second tank
- Twin tank has no clock to set or reset
- No fragile and expensive circuit boards or other expensive electronics to replace
- Non-electric meter works even during power outages
- Saves time and money in salt, water, and maintenance costs
How do we select the perfect water softener for you?
Below is our checklist that we cover in order to determine the best option for you:
- Water supply and main pipe size
- Pipe type
- Water hardness
- Number of bathrooms
- Square footage of the house
- Footprint and installation space
- Door size into installation space
- Number of residents or guests
- Is there a drain?
- Is there electrical nearby?
- Number of jetted tubs in the house
- Are there any rainshower or high flow fixtures?
- What is the compensated hardness?
- Ferrous iron present
- Ferric iron or sediment present
- Total dissolved solids count
- Crawl space
- Second home or part-time home
- Chlorine removal?
- No salt or scale stop
- Metered or low salt and high efficiency
- What size of brine tank
- Twin or single tank
- Stubby or full size
- Salt or potassium
- Installation details
Reverse Osmosis Systems
Ultimate High Efficiency – Reverse Osmosis Water Purification System by Water Science
The Ultimate High Efficiency reverse osmosis water purification system by Water Science combines sediment and carbon filtration with reverse osmosis technology to create that pure drinking water that you want and need. Below are the primary reasons why homeowners choose the Ultimate High Efficiency reverse osmosis system over the standard reverse osmosis system:
The Ultimate High Efficiency reverse osmosis system is a high-quality and reliable product. Typical problems we have seen from lower-quality reverse osmosis systems include:
- Saves 4 times the water of conventional reverse osmosis systems
- Generates up to 75 gallons per day
- The Ultimate High Efficiency maintains high water pressure to accommodate refrigerators, ice makers and multiple spigots
- Fills holding tanks up to five times faster than conventional reverse osmosis systems
- Pre-filters are less likely to get clogged since they use less water.
- Thin Layer Composite Membrane
- A free total dissolved solids meter. This meter is a convenient tool to instantly check your overall water quality
- Leak Detection System
Both our standard and Ultimate High Efficiency reverse osmosis systems are high-quality and reliable products. Typical problems we have seen from lower-quality reverse osmosis systems include:
- Lower quality pre-filters fail to protect membrane
- Shorter membrane life: dies in 1-2 years vs. 5-7 years
- Lower rejection rate and possible brine water seeping into the pure water side due to poor quality membrane housing. In short, the water is less pure (filtration is not as effective or thorough, resulting in higher total dissolved solids readings)
- Leakage at fittings and auto shutoff device
- Poor quality tanks that leak pressure after 1-2 years
- Each system is not individually tested
- Usually systems and parts are not made in the United States and not tested by FDA or NSF
- Cost more to maintain in the long run
- Little or no ongoing technical guidance and support from the supplier
- Very slow flow from low-end faucets
- Short, 1 year warranties
- A water leak from a cheap reverse osmosis system can cost a homeowner thousands of dollars.